The highly anticipated summer update for GTA Online is set to arrive in the coming days. The Criminal Enterprises DLC will include brand new vehicles, missions, and a plethora of new content for players to jump into, all at no additional cost.
GTA Online’s last major content update came in the form of ‘The Contract’, which launched towards the end of last year and saw the return of GTA V’s Franklin Clinton. It didn’t take long for fans to start speculating that the next DLC update would see other single-player characters return, specifically Michael De Santa.
Unfortunately, that doesn’t appear to be the case as Rockstar Games has officially revealed GTA Online’s next DLC update, The Criminal Enterprises, which is set to launch for all supported platforms on Tuesday, July 26th, 2022.
What Time Does GTA Online: The Criminal Enterprises Update Release?
GTA Online: The Criminal Enterprises will release on Tuesday, July 26th, 2022 at 2AM PT / 5AM ET / 10AM BST. The update will be completely free to players on all supported platforms, and will simply require users to download and install a new patch, which is expected to go live at the aforementioned time.
The Criminal Enterprises looks to expand on all of the available businesses in GTA Online. According to Rockstar Games, the upcoming DLC will offer “an assortment of exciting new updates for intrepid entrepreneurs of all kinds.” And no matter which Criminal Career path you’ve chosen, all Business activities — including Sell Missions — will now be available to play in private (Invite Only, Crew, and Friends) sessions”.
Of course, there’s also a plethora of new content coming to the game, including some new vehicles, weapons, and more. The full details can be found on the Rockstar Games website.
GTA Online: The Criminal Enterprises Quality Of Life Improvements
Along with plenty of new content, the DLC will also include some major quality of life improvements. As detailed in a recent newswire post by Rockstar Games, fans can expect some of the following changes to come to GTA Online with The Criminal Enterprises DLC:
- When delivering Security Contracts back to the Agency, players will be able to enter via Helicopter or walk in through the entrance on the roof, rather than needing to enter through the front door at ground level.
- When managing an Auto Shop business, your Auto Shop Staff will now be much more likely to successfully deliver a customer’s vehicle without issue.
- To make getting around certain locations easier, players will be able to jog inside The Diamond Casino & Resort, The Music Locker, and Nightclubs.
- Players will be able to purchase max ammo for all weapons at once in the Interaction Menu. Players will also have easier access to snacks and armor through a single input while the Weapon Wheel is up. Plus, if a player fails and Quick Restarts a mission, Snacks will be restocked to however many they started the mission with.
- Players will now be able to immediately hang up on phone calls from several Contacts when they offer missions rather than being forced to listen to the full call before they can hang up.
- PC players will have the option to disable the in-game chat box via the Settings menu.
- To reduce instances of griefing, the Kill/Death statistic will no longer be affected by kills made in Freemode. Going forward, this ratio will only be affected by kills scored in competitive gameplay.
- After their initial visit, players will be able to spend more time scoping out Cayo Perico and can get caught more times before being kicked off the island.
- The Race Creator will be getting an assortment of updates — including increases to the Checkpoint limit, player limit for Transform Races, and number of fixtures that can be removed on the latest generation of consoles. Plus, all platforms will now be able to create RC Bandito Races via the Special Vehicle Race Creator, with a Ghost to First Checkpoint option being added to additional Race types. More models have also been added to the Fixture Remover, along with a new Anti Grief Ghosting option to ghost players driving in the wrong direction, an option to set the specific time of day for a Race, and the ability to scale Checkpoint size.
Vehicle Customization Enhancements and Changes
- All vehicles with access to the LS Car Meet will be able to be equipped with Low Grip Tires, giving players even more customization options when modifying vehicles at the LS Car Meet.
- Vehicles will be delivered faster when requesting from the Mechanic.
- Players will no longer incur a charge for destroying another player’s Weaponized Personal Vehicle, avoiding penalties for those who return fire on (and successfully neutralize) attackers.
- The Avenger and Mobile Operations Center Vehicle Workshops will accommodate any vehicle that can fit, as opposed to only select vehicles (excluding the Oppressor Mk II, which is modified via its own workshop inside the TerrorByte).
- The number of ownable properties will be increased from 8 to 10, increasing the total garage space by up to 20 vehicles.
- The Legendary Motorsport and Southern San Andreas Super Autos websites will feature new filters and browsing shortcuts, which can be tabbed using L1/R1 or LB/RB on the console.
For the full list of changes, check out the official Rockstar Games website.